Who Needs a Visa to Travel to Germany From the UK?
Any UK citizen who holds either a full UK passport or a BOTC, BOC, BPP or BS passport can travel to Germany visa-free. On the other hand, many non-EU nationals who reside in the UK are still required to get a Schengen visa to travel to Germany.
Moreover, Germany is quite demanding on the issue of document requirements for visa applications and tends to enforce strict guidelines for the application process.
In recent years, following visa liberalization policies for non-EU countries, the number of countries whose nationals require visas to travel to Europe has slightly dropped. Here is the list of nationalities that are still required to get a Schengen Visa to visit Germany and other Schengen states.
Below you can find more information on applying for a German visa from the UK.
Who Can Apply for a German Visa From the UK?
Citizens of these countries residing in the UK and planning to visit Germany are required to get a German visa in order to be able to enter Germany. The main requirement is that you must have a UK residence permit valid for at least one month beyond the date they plan to leave Germany / the Schengen Area.
Use theGerman Schengen visa eligibility checkertool to find out if you qualify to apply for a German visa from the UK.
If you have a 3-month UK visa, you can extend it for three more months in order to be eligible to apply for a German Schengen visa from within the UK. You must apply for an extension before your visa expires and while you’re still in the UK. Find out more about how to extend your UK visa.
You should apply for a visa at the appropriate German Embassy/Consulate or German visa application centre in the UK if:
- Germany is the only Schengen country you plan on visiting
- Germany is your main destination (the country you will be staying the longest in)
- Germany is the first Schengen country you are visiting since you will be spending an equal amount of days in each Schengen country you plan to visit
If you plan on staying in Germany for more than 90 days, you must apply for a residence permit, not a German Schengen visa.
Please note that if you are not a resident in the United Kingdom, you should apply at the German Embassy/Consulate or German visa application centre in your country of residence.
Germany Visa Application Requirements for UK Residents
The following list of documents are required in order to obtain a German visa in the UK:
- A valid passport or travel document. Please make sure that:
- Your passport has been issued (not extended) within the previous 10 years,
- Your passport has 2 full blank pages, one for the visa stamp and an additional spare page,
- Your passport will be valid for at least three (3) months after the date you exit the Schengen Area.
- A valid UK residence permit. The UK residency permit must be endorsed in the actual passport (or on a new biometric ID card)
- German visa application form. Filled out completely and signed by the applicant (please read the explanations carefully).
- One passport format photo that has a light background, is brightly coloured and shows a full face. The photo must be less than three months old and be glued to the German Schengen visa application form. Applications with stapled photographs will be rejected.
- A cover letter that explains the purpose of the visit to Germany
- Proof of travel arrangements: Round trip flight/travel reservations from the UK to Germany and back to the UK, or other proof of intended transport and complete itinerary of your visit to Germany (if several Schengen States will be visited or if the trip covers several Schengen States and non-Schengen countries).
- Germany Travel Medical Insurance. Stating that you are covered in case of a medical emergency and repatriation not just in Germany, but in the whole Schengen zone (minimum coverage of € 30.000). UK residents can easily purchase the travel insurance policy online from Europ AssistanceorMondialCare. All these travel insurance companies are accepted by German Embassies and Consulates in the UK.
- Proof of accommodation in Germany:
- Evidence of a hotel booking in Germany or rental agreement, or
- Invitation from your German host (family member, friend) along with a copy of their passport or ID (Proof of sponsorship if dependant)
- Proof of financial subsistence:
- A recent statement of UK bank account for the last three months, showing funds of at least 50 £ per person per day spent in German, or
- Traveller’s cheques
- Important note: Starting from November 20, 2015 persons applying for a German short-term visa are required to provide fingerprints (biometric data) as an additional document.
- Children younger than 12 years of age and applicants who are not physically capable of providing fingerprints are exempted from this procedure.
Note: Photocopies of the original documents should also be submitted, and documents should not be more than one month old.
The documents listed above are documents required in all cases, regardless of the purpose of your visit to Germany. Depending on your employment status, here is a list of additional documents that are required for your Germany visa application in the UK:
For UK employees:
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
For the self-employed:
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
For foreign students in the UK:
- Proof of enrolment
- No-objection certificate from school or university in the UK
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
If unemployed and married to an EU citizen:
- A recent (less than 3 months old) Confirmation of Employment letter from their spouse’s employer stating the position held within the company as well as the starting date,
- Spouse’s valid passport
- An officially translated marriage certificate. The translation must be in English or German and must be certified as a true copy by the Embassy of the country where the marriage took place or by the Legalization Bureau of the Foreign Office in the UK
Requirements for children under the age of 18
Underage children must be accompanied by parents or an adult guardian at the application centre at the German Embassy or Consulate-General in the UK. Also, minors who are granted a German visa are not allowed to travel to Germany by themselves. They should be accompanied by an adult during their stay in Germany.
Required documents for Germany visa application for underage children
- Original birth certificate among others.
- Signed travel consent from both parents
- If one parent is not located in the UK they should submit their signed consent to the German Embassy/Consulate of their residing country
Note: All documents must be either in German or English or officially translated by a certified translator.
To find more about the documentation needed for applying for a visa to Germanyclickhttps://www.schengenvisainfo.com/germany/visa/orhttps://www.germany-visa.org
How to Apply for a Germany Visa From the UK?
To apply for a visa to Germany you must book an appointment with the German Embassy in London or German Consulate General in Edinburgh.
This can be done in different ways:
- By booking an appointment directly at the German Embassy in London or German Consulate General in Edinburgh.
- You can book an appointment every working day from 9 am to 10 am except on holidays.
- Through VFS Centres in London and Manchester.German visa applications for UK residents are to be submitted at the Germany Visa Application Centres in London and Manchester. All applications will be assessed by The Embassy of Germany, London.
Schengen Visa Types for Short-Term Visits in Germany
You need to apply for a German Schengen visa if you intend to travel from the UK to Germany for the following reasons:
- Business purposes.
- Visiting friends and family.
- Tourism and holidays.
- Cultural and sports events.
- Airport transit and transit for seafarers.
- Official visit.
- Medical reasons.
- Short-term study purposes.
Depending on your reasons for visiting Germany and the frequency of your visits, the German embassy/consulate in the UK can issue you asingle-entry visa,double-entry visa, or multiple-entry visa.
At which German Embassy/Consulate should I apply?
- If you are residing in England or Wales then you should apply at the German Embassy in London.
- If you are residing in Scotland or Northern Ireland then you should apply to the German Consulate General in Edinburgh.
Postal application – Only for applicants who fall under the jurisdiction of the German Consulate General in Edinburgh
(Source: German Missions in the UK)
To apply by regular post, you are required to include 55 £ in the application envelope along with all the required documents
You qualify for post-application only if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- You have provided biometric data at any other Schengen country Embassy/Consulate and
- You belong to at least one of the following categories of applicants:
- You are the spouse of an EU national
- You have been issued at least two Schengen Visas during the last 24 months
- You have been issued a Schengen Visa with a validity of at least one year during the last 24 months
- You have been issued a Schengen Visa from the German Consulate in Edinburgh during the last 12 months
- You are a student from China
Note: You can also send your application to the Consulate General in Edinburgh in person on Monday or Wednesday at 11.30 am
Germany Visa Application Processing Time in the UK
You can apply for a German Schengen visa up to 180 days before your planned trip. Usually, the German visa application process takes a minimum of 5 working days. However, for nationals of the following countries the application time takes at least 14 working days (Source: VFSGlobal):
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
*Note: except for diplomatic and service passport
Considering the time German visa application processing takes, you are advised to apply 3 to 6 weeks in advance of your trip to Germany.
Germany Visa Fees for UK Residents
Since Germany is a Schengen state, visa fees are the same as any other Schengen visa. These are the costs of a German Schengen Visa when applying from the UK:
|Schengen Visa Category (by age)||Fee in UK Pound||Fee in Euro|
|Adult||73 £||80 €|
|Children between 6-12 years of age||36.5 £||40 €|
|Children younger than 6 years of age||Free||Free|
Note: Keep in mind that these fees may change depending on currency fluctuations and can be paid only in UK Pounds. Payments can be made in cash and by credit or debit card
Germany Visa fee exemptions
The following persons are exempted from visa fees:
- Children younger than 6 years of age
- Family members of an EU/EEA national
- Documents required for exemption:
- Original Marriage Certificate, or
- Civil Partnership Certificate
- Original full Birth Certificate
- EU/EAA national’s passport.
- Documents required for exemption:
- Persons travelling for the purpose of study or educational training and are accompanied by teaching staff such as:
- School pupils.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates.
Documents required for exemption: A letter from the school principal/dean that states that the trip is an obligatory part of the school/college programme.
Frequently asked questions on Applying for a Germany visa in the UK
What can I do if I cannot make it on the day of the appointment?
If you cannot make it on the scheduled day of the appointment, you must book another appointment as it is not possible to reschedule.
Do I have to come in person?
Yes, all applicants are required to show up in person at the German Embassy/Consulate in London/Edinburgh for a German visa application
Am I guaranteed to obtain a German visa from the UK?
No, you are not guaranteed to get a visa. To have a better chance of getting a positive answer, please make sure you provide all the required documents.
- Reasons why Germanvisa applications getdenied
- Mistakes to avoid during a German visa interview
- Most asked questions during a German visa interview
- Find cheap flights to Germany and Europe
- Best attractions to see in Berlin
- Proof of financial funds for foreign students in Germany – mandatory for a student visa
What can I do if I’m not granted a visa?
If your visa is refused you can appeal against the decision free of charge. You must provide a refusal letter to justify your grounds of appeal. You should keep in mind that all fees are non-refundable and do not serve as a guarantee of your application’s success.
Can I get a visa the same day I apply?
Only in cases of an extreme medical emergency, you can obtain a visa on the same day of your application. However, the German Embassy/Consulate in the UK has the final say in this case.
Does a non-EU spouse/family member of a UK national need a visa to Germany?
The spouse of a UK national (EEA/EU national) is required to obtain a German visa. However, there is no need for a visa to enter Germany if the following conditions are met:
- The spouse holds a UK Residence Permit that states that the holder is a family member of an EU/EEA National
- Travelling with or joining the EEA/EU spouse in Germany.
Related visa information for the UK Residents:
- Schengen Visa for the UK Residents
- French Visa for the UK Residents
- Spanish Visa for the UK Residents
- Italian Visa for the UK Residents
- Dutch visa for UK residents
- Portuguese visa for UK residents
- Germany Entry Requirements for UK Citizens
Do British Citizens Need Travel Insurance for Germany?
Travel insurance for Germany is an essential part of your trip, but it is not required by law. In other words, even though you are highly encouragedtoget a travel insurance plan whenever travelling from the UK to Germany or other EU countries, you will be allowed to visit Germany even without it – at your own risk.
Embassy & Consulates of Germanyinthe United Kingdom
There are two German missions in the United Kingdom: The Embassy in London and the Consulate General in Edinburgh.
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, London, England
Address:23 Belgrave Square, Belgravia, London SW1X 8PZ, UK
Phone:+44 20 7824 1300
Fax:+44 20 7824 1435
Opening times:Monday – Friday only by appointment
Consular district:Avon, Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Clwyd, Cornwall, Derbyshire, Devon, Dyfed, Dorset, Essex, South Glamorgan, Mid Glamorgan, West Glamorgan, Gloucestershire, Greater Manchester, Gwent, Gwynedd, Hampshire, Hereford and Worcester, Hertfordshire, Humberside, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Greater London, Merseyside, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Powys, Salop, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex, North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Isle of Wight, Wiltshire, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Gibraltar, Falkland Islands (Malvinas).
Consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany in Edinburgh, Scotland
Address:16 Eglinton Cres, Edinburgh EH12 5DG, UK
Phone:+44 131 337 2323
Fax:+44 131346 1578
Opening times:Monday to Friday: 9:00 – 11:30 am
Consular district:Scotland and the following counties in North England: Cumbria, Darlington, Durham, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Northumberland, Redcar and Cleveland, Stockton on Tees, Tyne and Wear (Tyneside), as well as North Yorkshire with the exception of Selby and York.
** Please note that these are the standard required documents. The German Visa Consular office maintains the right to ask for further documents or information if necessary.
*** Please consult the Germany Embassy or Consulate in the United Kingdom for the updated requirements!
Did you find this page helpful?
The processing time for a Schengen visa is 15 calendar days according to the Schengen Visa Code. Please arrange your appointment to submit your application as early as possible. You may apply up to six months before the start of the intended visit.How to answer German visa interview questions? ›
Answer straightforwardly: When asked a question, be specific with your answer. If you don't know the answer to a question, simply say so. Be confident: Throughout the student visa process, remain confident in yourself and your abilities.What is the easiest way to get a German visa? ›
- Find out what kind of German visa you need.
- Check where you need to apply.
- Fulfil the German short-stay visa application form.
- Collect the statutory Germany visa requirements. ...
- Schedule a visa interview.
- Attend the interview at the appropriate German Embassy/Consulate/VAC.
- By booking an appointment directly at the German Embassy in London or German Consulate General in Edinburgh. You can book an appointment every working day from 9 am to 10 am except on holidays.
- Through VFS Centres in London and Manchester.
Can UK Visitor Apply for a Schengen Visa? Yes, if you possess a UK visitor permit, you can apply for the Schengen. In fact, you will have a higher chance of approval for your Schengen if you already possess the British permit. However, you cannot apply for the Schengen while you are in the UK.How long does it take to get German Schengen visa in USA? ›
Please note processing time of minimum 2 weeks.
In some cases processing time may take up to 4 weeks plus additional business days for mailing your documents. Therefore make sure to schedule an appointment as early as possible before your intended trip to Germany.
When your turn for the interview comes, enter the room with a smile, and greet the officer with a warm hello or hi. S/he may ask you 'how are you doing'. Reply politely and thank them for asking. If your visa is granted, thank them politely and leave.Is the German visa interview in English? ›
If the study program (e.g. Bachelor's or Master's) that you applied for is taught in German, then, most probably, the visa interview will be held in German. In case your program is taught in English, you should expect the interview to be in English.How can I impress a German interviewer? ›
- Dress Suitably. ...
- Bring Multiple CV and Cover Letter Copies. ...
- Take Advantage of Your Research. ...
- Boast about Your Achievements. ...
- Be Polite and Kind to the Secretary. ...
- Rein in Your Emotions. ...
- Make a List of Questions for the Interviewer. ...
- Make Eye Contact.
With a 93.31% approval rate, getting a visa to Germany is easy if you are applying from the United States. In 2022, 13487 visa applications were received by the Embassy of Germany and its Consulates in the US.
In some cases, the waiting time for the German tourist/visitor visa is 30 days, but depending on different circumstances, it may take up to 60 calendar days.What is the minimum bank balance for Schengen visa Germany? ›
Germany. For a German Schengen visa application from India, you're generally required to provide proof that you have at least EUR 45 (equivalent to INR 4,055.77)* per day.Can I go to VFS without appointment for Schengen visa? ›
Walk In Without Appointment*
If you need to submit your visa application on an urgent basis, walk into our Visa Application Centre and opt for this service. VFS Global will process your visa application without a pre-booked appointment.
Appointments can also be booked by visiting VFS after service fee payments at the bank are completed or by sending the bank payment receipt to email@example.com along with the following documents and information: Passport Copy. Applicant's email address which needs to be used for booking an appointment.Which Schengen visa is easy? ›
According to data for 2021 the easiest visas to apply for in 2022 and their rejection rates are as follows: Luxembourg – with a rejection rate as low as 1.2 percent out of total 2,383 Schengen visa applications received. Slovakia – 2.7 percent out of 3,886 applications. Lithuania – 2.8 percent out of 24,764 ...Which Schengen country has highest rejection rate? ›
Countries with highest rejection rate were Malta, Sweden, Belgium and France. The Schengen states with the lowest rejection rates were Iceland, Lithuania, Finland, and Latvia.Can I apply for Schengen visa from UK on tourist visa? ›
Nonresidents such as travellers and tourists currently on a visa in the UK, cannot file their visa application at the Schengen embassies in the United Kingdom. Instead, they should apply for a Schengen visa at the appropriate Schengen embassy in their home country.Which Schengen country has lowest rejection rate? ›
Iceland. The Nordic country received 7,715 visa applications in 2022, and rejected only 146 of them. That's a rejection rate of 1.9%—the lowest across the Schengen region.Can I get Schengen visa in 3 days? ›
You will have to wait at least 15 days for your Schengen Visa to be processed, though the processing time will depend on your case. In specific cases, embassies can take 30 days to process a visa, and the Schengen Visa processing time could even be as long as 60 days in extraordinary circumstances.What is the fastest processing time for Schengen visa? ›
When making travel plans to Schengen countries, it is important to consider the processing time for Schengen visas. Fastest Schengen Visa processing time: Less than 72 hours. Slowest Schengen Visa processing time: More than 15 days.
If you applied for your Schengen Visa at a TLS application center, then you can use the online tracking tool on their website (tlscontact.com) to track your Schengen Visa application.What not to say in a visa interview? ›
Don'ts During the Visa Interview Process
'Like, Umm, I guess' – Try to avoid using conversation fillers such as 'Like', 'Ummmm', or 'I guess' in a sentence when you are responding to a question. Pay close attention to the questions asked and respond with just the answer. Keep in short and simple.
I wish you luck for the day and hope you have the most satisfactory outcomes. You will do well in the interview; I have no doubt. Be assured, believe in your abilities, and exert your utmost effort. I send you my very best wishes.How do I build confidence for visa interview? ›
- Create a good impression. ...
- Be well prepared. ...
- Be calm and confident. ...
- Keep your answers short and to the point. ...
- Keep required documentation at hand. ...
- Provide necessary financial documents. ...
- Explain how your program matches for your career plans. ...
- Never sound like a potential immigrant.
The processing time for visa applications (short stay) takes up to 15 days. If long-term residence permits or visa for employment in Germany are applied for, the processing time will be up to several months.How do you answer the purpose of travel? ›
- “For business purposes – to negotiate a contract.”
- “To visit my mother, who lives in the US.”
- “For medical treatment.”
- I am going to visit my aunt, whom I haven't seen for a long time.
|Erzählen Sie uns etwas über sich selbst!||“Tell me about yourself.”|
|Worin liegen Ihre Stärken?||“What are your strengths?”|
|Worin liegen Ihre Schwächen?||“What are your weaknesses?”|
|Was war Ihr größter Misserfolg?||“What was your biggest mistake or failure?”|
In Germany, you should introduce yourself with your first and last name to the receptionist and interviewer. If you have several first and last names, choose the ones you want to be called by. If it is a physical interview, be prepared to give a firm handshake and hold eye contact.How do you answer why did you choose Germany? ›
Germany is famous for having high-quality and best academic and practice-oriented programs and all of this is low tuition or no-tuition fee at all. Another reason to choose Germany is the enjoyable level of freedom, security, as well as the rich culture, history, and diversity characterizing it.How do you impress an interviewer in one sentence? ›
- Be passionate. Have a positive attitude and be enthusiastic when talking about yourself and your career. ...
- Sell yourself. ...
- Tell stories. ...
- Ask questions. ...
- Ask for the job.
If you apply for a Germany Schengen visa, you are expected to submit proof that you have the necessary funds to cover your stay as well as your return. If you could not prove you have enough financial resources, the German visa officers will reject your visa application.Which country is fastest to apply for Schengen visa? ›
In general, Lithuania is the easiest country to obtain a Schengen Visa from, with officials granting 98.7% of applications. The nation also receives fewer applications than countries such as Germany or France, as they are extremely popular with tourists and business travellers.What to do if German visa is rejected? ›
You can appeal the refusal. The appeal must be submitted within 15 days of the receipt of visa refusal to the Consulate that decided to refuse the visa. The appeal must be an original with the original signature of the appellant, i.e. in person or by mail (not email).What is the current waiting time for German visa? ›
How long does a German visa take? German visas take around 6–12 weeks to be processed from the time of an interview with the German consulate. This means you should start the process of your visa application around 4–5 months before your trip to Germany.What documents do I need for German Schengen visa? ›
The passport should be no older than 10 years and have at least one blank page to affix the visa sticker on it and fulfil the other passport requirements. Personal bank statements for the last three months. Schengen Travel Insurance.How long does it take to get visa for Germany now? ›
We offer a standard processing time for your Germany Schengen Visa: 30 days.How much bank statement is required for a German visa? ›
Your bank statements must be from the last three to six months, and they must be issued by the bank, signed, and stamped by the financial institution. You should obtain your bank statements at least three to four days before submitting your application.What is proof of sufficient funds for travel Germany? ›
Proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the intended journey, recent bank account statements during the last three months (Bank statements must show the name and address of the owner). We cannot accept Travel Money Cards or cash as proof of sufficient funds.How much is proof of funds for Germany? ›
This costs a one-time fee of 50-150 euros. As soon as your account is ready, you have to deposit at least 11.208 euros into it. Once you've arrived in Germany, you should make an appointment in a branch office of your bank.Do you need in person interview for Schengen visa? ›
As soon as you have submitted your visa application form, you will be required to attend an interview with a visa officer at the consulate of the Schengen country.
If you want to schedule your Schengen Visa appointment, you can do it in one of three ways. You can use Atlys' visa appointment tool, call or email your nearest Embassy, or schedule it through a visa application centre like vfs global.How long is the wait for Schengen visa appointment? ›
The processing time for Schengen visa starts only once the application reaches the Consulate. This might take up to SIX working days depending on the delivery conditions and public holidays.Can I apply for a German Schengen visa online? ›
Welcome to VIDEX, the software of the Federal Republic of Germany which enables you to complete your application form for a Schengen visa online.How do I book a German visa appointment in London? ›
- By booking an appointment directly at the German Embassy in London or German Consulate General in Edinburgh. You can book an appointment every working day from 9 am to 10 am except on holidays.
- Through VFS Centres in London and Manchester.
To apply for a Schengen visa in the United Kingdom go to the VFS Global application centre in Birmingham, Edinburgh, London or Manchester. You can only submit an application there if you live in the United Kingdom.Which Schengen visa is hardest? ›
France rejected 21.1 per cent of the 652,331 applications it received. Denmark rejected 21.1 per cent of the 26,469 applications it received. Belgium rejected 20.4 per cent of the 50,796 applications it received.Which is easier to get UK visa or Schengen visa? ›
Getting a tourist visa for the UK is currently not half as hard as for Schengen countries. Multiple visa categories make applications and processing times far quicker. “We have had clients who have applied for a standard UK visa and their visas have been processed within 30 days,” says Akash.Which country is most difficult to get visa? ›
- Saudi Arabia.
- Western Sahara.
- North Korea.
The processing time for Schengen visa starts only once the application reaches the Consulate. This might take up to SIX working days depending on the delivery conditions and public holidays.How long does it take to get a Schengen transit visa in UK? ›
Processing Time of Schengen Airport Transit Visa
Normally, your application will be processed within 15 working days. However, this can take longer in certain cases. As a result, you must apply for the visa well in advance. However, you cannot apply more than 3 months before your intended travel date.
- Luxembourg. Luxembourg, a hidden gem in northern Europe, had the lowest rejection rate in 2021. ...
- Slovakia. ...
- Lithuania. ...
- Czech Republic. ...
- Latvia. ...
- Finland. ...
- Hungary. ...
The application, passport and visa fee will be forwarded to the German Consulate within one working day after submission. The service fee remains with VFS Global. The processing time at the Consulate due to necessary and obligatory legal requirements takes up to 15 days.Which country gives fastest Schengen visa? ›
The country with the fastest Schengen visa processing time is Lithuania. Places like Germany and France get many visa applications because they're very popular with tourists and business travelers.How to apply for Schengen airport transit visa from UK? ›
- You must submit a passport or other travel document issued within the last 10 years. ...
- You must submit a completed and signed Schengen visa application form. ...
- Bring a photo that meets the Dutch requirements for passport photos.
- When you submit your application your fingerprints will be taken.
If you're staying in the UK for more than 48 hours
You'll need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa instead of a Visitor in Transit visa if either: you need to stay more than 48 hours in the UK. you need to frequently pass through the UK over a period of over six months.
Yes. According to the Schengen rules, the Schengen visa is generally valid for all the countries in the Schengen area. Please note, however, that you always have to apply at the consulate of the country which is your primary destination (see FAQ no 5).Can a Schengen visa applied from the UK? ›
To apply for a Schengen visa from the UK you must book an appointment with the relevant Consulate or Embassy in London. This can be done in two ways: By going to the Consulate/Embassy office in person. By applying via accredited agencies like VFS or BLS.Which Schengen visa is the easiest to get? ›
- Luxembourg – with a rejection rate as low as 1.2 percent out of total 2,383 Schengen visa applications received.
- Slovakia – 2.7 percent out of 3,886 applications.
- Lithuania – 2.8 percent out of 24,764 applications.